"If we want to leave an indelible mark on the world there is no more powerful way to do it than by joining in God's purposes through prayer. Our prayers can go where we cannot. While many things may seem impossible from a human standpoint in the realm of prayer there are no impossibilities." - Brother Andrew.
One of our hopes is that everyone will find one hour this prayer week to pray. I get goose bumps thinking about all those prayers!
Praying for an hour can seem a daunting task, so here are some things that may help.
- Print off the 'hour of prayer' guide.
- Plan when and where you're going to do it. I love to walk and pray, the rhythm of one foot in front of the other really helps me. Others like to sit in a favourite chair, some get up early, others like to pray in the middle of the night, others during their lunch hour. What place and space will work best for you? Book the slot into your diary.
- Before you get going take a moment to prepare yourself. You could listen to some worship, or read some verses from the Bible that inspire you. Turn your phone off so you won't be interrupted, ask the Holy Spirit to settle your heart and mind and help you to pray.
- If distractions come don't worry about them, pray for them. The hour of prayer guide is just that. It's there to support prayer not limit it, so if other things come to mind that need your prayer then that's fine.
- Make a note of anything that you sense the Holy Spirit showing you. Expect him to speak as you draw near to Jesus. Feedback to Woodies leaders anything that you sense God saying to us a church, we would love to hear from you.
Let's make space for prayer this week, lets dream big, pray big and trust God for the results.
- Rachel Riddal
- Sign up to the Woodlands Church, 24-7 Prayer Room here. This is an exclusive booking for yourself or you and your group.
- Sign up to the Woodlands Church, 24-7 drop in Prayer Room here. Got some spare time? Come in and pray. (Registering will provide you with the door code.)
- For more info visit our Woodlands Church prayer page here.